Every day, thousands of folks wonder if they have a drinking problem. A Clinician friend of mine days “If it’s not a problem, it’s not a problem.” It’s a sign of strength to recognize when you’re fighting a losing battle. Please share this. Somebody might be wondering.
AM I AN ALCOHOLIC?
1. Have you ever awakened the morning after some drinking the night before and found that you could not remember part of the evening before?
2. Does your family ever worry or complain about your drinking?
3. Do friends or relatives think you are a normal drinker?
4. Are you always able to stop drinking when you want to?
5. Have you ever attended a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)?
6. Have you gotten into fights when drinking?
7. Has drinking ever created problems with you and your family?
8. Has your family ever gone to anyone for help about your drinking?
9. Have you ever lost friends or relationships because of your drinking?
10. Have you ever gotten into trouble at work because of your drinking?
11. Have you ever lost a job because of drinking?
If you answered “yes” to more than one of these questions, you should discuss your drinking with a professional to better identify your drinking habits…or, go to some AA meetings and listen. 🙂
Posted from my cabin in the mountains.